What we collect
- page-based and file-based access logs, and
- user demographics.
How we use it
We use this information to:
- analyse incoming web traffic to provide us with useful analytics,
- determine our most popular content so that we can improve our overall content, and
- discover who our main demographic is so that we can provide better localised content.
Due to the nature of our website, we have multiple sub-sites that may have seperate web applications such as online stores, forums and blogs. Such sub-sites may collect personal information such as your name, email, address and phone number. This may be stored for the following purposes:
- internal record keeping,
- shipment of goods and services,
- to contact you for a specific reason.
Our website is encrypted with a SHA-256 SSL certificate. This prevents man-in-the-middle attacks which means if someone attempts to intercept your connection to our server, it will be scrambled without the private key stored on your computer/device - this private key is part of the asymmetric encryption technology used by SSL certificates. This also prevents attackers from easily changing what you see on our website during interception.
If you would like to learn more about SSL Encryption, please take a look at this article on Microsoft TechNet.